purser's cabin was originally located at the end of the WaWa hotel's dock on
Lake of Bays. It served as a waiting room, (Baggage Room), and ticket office for
passengers boarding the lake steamers. When the hotel burned in 1923, it was the
only building to survive. It was moved across the ice to Bigwin Landing in 1950.
2004 the purserís cabin received its long awaited restoration to become our
Fairy Lake Station. The building
was given new windows, doors, hardwood flooring, interior walls and ceiling.
A new, much larger platform extends from the building along the length of
the train, and offers much better viewing of the turntable in operation.